Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Safe and Sound

Author's note: This was inspired by E.E. Cummings' r-p-o-p-h-e-s-s-a-g-r  poem (which I saw on Mai's blog), but I am using the words from the song "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift off the Hunger Games soundtrack. I did use Cummings' style a little more modestly though, this just being a fun piece. These aren't my original words, so I can't really call this my own, but I had fun using this style, so tell me what you think!




~


I
Remember
Tears
Streaming
Down
Your
Face
{When I said I'll never let you go}

When  all those shadows almost killed your light


I remember you said

Don't leave me here 


¦Alone¦



      But all that's

dead and gone  and past>>>>>>>>tonight.




Just close your eyes.

The sun is going down.


You'll be alright.

    O         N          C     N            U     T         O          N     W
N         O     E           A           H      R         Y     U          O

Come morning light,

     yOU and i'LL
         be


|safe and sound|

             ~

Don't you dare look out your  win        dow,

         Darlin', everything's on *fire*

Th-e  w-ar  outsi-de  ou-r  d-oor  ke-eps  ragin-g  o-n


Hold      on

To       this

 Lullaby


            
                          >music's<
                        ^            ^
                      ^                 ^
               Even when the^                      ^gone.


Gone.



Just close your eyes.

The      sun                      
          is     going            
                                                D
                                                  O
                                                    W
                                                       N
                  You'll be alright.

           No 0ne can h√r+ you noш.


       Come morning light,

          «You and I'll» be

         Safe• and •Sound


    ~
    ~
    ~


Just [close] your eyes.




жYou'll ^be ^alright.ж



COMorlightningME

       You and I'll be


   Safe…and…Sound
     

~

1 comment:

  1. As much as I personally don't really enjoy shape poems too much, I like seeing a writer expand horizons, and here is no exception. The only concern I have is I wish you would have written the text also.

    ReplyDelete

I Love My Blog